News / Updates
- I reviewed Huma Qureshi's new book in a walking article for TOAST. Read that here.
- I'll be reading online at TWOOMPH! on 23rd November. Free tickets here.
- I contributed to the Northern Dreaming anthology, which is out now.
- You can watch the launch event for 'Please Do Not Touch This Exhibit' here.
- 'Please Do Not Touch This Exhibit' became a Blackwell's bestseller.
- I will be doing an event online for Kolkata Literary Festival in November.
- I reviewed Jeanette Winterson's new book in a walking article for TOAST. Read that here.
- The online launch for my book 'Please Do Not Touch This Exhibit' and other September Bloodaxe titles, with Courtney Conrad and Nicole Sealey, will be on Tuesday 19th September 7pm BST. Click here for details.
- A poem of mine will be published in the Bi+ Lines Poetry Anthology. Pre-order details here.
- I'll be doing an event with Durham Book Festival in October with Kit Fan and Mary Jean Chan. Attend online or in-person (I'll be attending online). Details here.
- I'm doing an online event with Portobello Bookshop in October with Charlotte Eichler. Get tickets here.
- I'll be running a masterclass in October for young poets as part of the TS Eliot Prize and Young Critics Scheme. Details here.
- I wrote an article for TOAST with a London walk and book review.
- My book Please Do Not Touch This Exhibit has been chosen as a Poetry Book Society autumn recommendation.
- I wrote a piece for The British Library on disfigurement and Victorian gothic fiction. You can read it here.
- I reviewed the Women's Prize shortlist for TOAST. Read that here.
- My book Marceline: Defender of the Sea is out now.
- I interviewed Liz Berry for TOAST magazine. Read that here.
- I reviewed A Spell of Good Things by Ayobami Adebayo for TOAST magazine. Read that here.
- My book Marceline: Defender of the Sea will be published by HarperCollins in April.
- My book Please Do Not Touch This Exhibit will be published by Bloodaxe in September.
- I wrote a holiday reading journal for TOAST magazine. Read that here.
- I'll be talking about disability and disfigurement in gothic literature for an online event with the British Library in April. This event is for teachers. Details here.
- I'll be reading at Oxford Brookes Poetry Centre, an online event on 11th November. Free to attend. Details here.
- My poem 'First Thing, I Am a Forest' is published in the Earth issue of Cunning Folk Magazine.
- Spiritus Mundi has been released, including my piece 'Accidental Dysplasia.'
- Next year, I will be running an online Masterclass with Arvon. Details here.
- I'm working with the T.S. Eliot Prize, The Poetry Society and the Young Poets Network this autumn. Find out more here.
- My poem 'The Hospital is Not My House' won this year's Spelt Poetry Competition, You can read that here.
- My poem 'Fell' has been published in Magma. Read it here.
- My poem 'The Hospital is Not a Place for Bodies' has been accepted for publication by Poetry London.
- 100 Queer Poems has been published, containing my poem 'The Bear'.
- I'll be giving talks to GCSE and A-Level students on the history of fairy tales for Liverpool Festival of Reading
- I'll be doing an online event at Edinburgh Book Festival in August
- I'm doing an online event with Society of Authors in July
- I reviewed this year's Women's Prize shortlist.
- I will be the key note speaker at Editors Canada 2022 conference.
- I launched my spring writing workshops
- I wrote an article about nature, art and writing.
- My poem 'Fell' was highly commended in this year's Magma poetry competition.
- My poem 'The Bear' will be published in 100 Queer Poems this summer.
- AF Harold's Poems For Seven Year Olds was published this month, which includes a poem from me called 'Welcome to the Bookshop.'
- I filmed this video for Changing Faces UK for #NationalStorytellingWeek
- My February TOAST article is here.
- I've launched my 2022 winter writing workshops.
- I wrote an article recommending short books to kickstart your reading year.
- My event with The English Bookshop is now available to watch here.
- I'm doing an online event with The English Bookshop on 24th November
- I talked with Jen Storer over at Girl & Duck about The Sister Who Ate Her Brothers. Watch that here.
- I was a guest on Reading Women podcast.
- I spoke on the In The Reading Corner podcast.
- I wrote an article about forests and storytelling for TOAST.
- my poem 'Alopecia' is first runner-up in Poetry London's 2021 competition
- The Sister Who Ate Her Brothers is Hive's #1 bestselling children's book of the week
- I'm judging the New Writers Award Poetry competition.
- I'll be doing online events with Changing Faces and Weston Writers' Night in November.